If you wish engage in anal sex, it is always important to use a condom to protect against the spread of infections and diseases.
• Avoid inserting a penis into the mouth or vagina after it's been inserted in the anus until your partner puts on a new condom.
• Use plenty of lubricant to reduce the risk of tissue tears. With latex condoms, always use a water-based lubricant.
• Relax prior to insertion of the penis to help reduce the risk of tears. Taking a warm bath before anal sex or lying on your stomach may make insertion easier.
• Stop if anal sex is painful.
• If you experience bleeding after anal sex or you notice a sores or lumps around the anus or a discharge coming from it, see your doctor as soon as possible.