Hi doc. I am a computer engineer. I think my eyes feel tired or something like that every day. Can you suggest some eye drops?
I am assuming that you work on a computer all day. This tired achy feeling is expected since your eyes are strained all day. This is also called Computer Vision Syndrome.
Please follow the tips below to feel better:
• Wear anti-glare spectacles while using a computer.
• Practice the 20/20/20 exercise. Every 20 minutes, focus/look at an object that's at least 20 feet away, for 20 seconds.
• Blink often when you are watching TV or working on your computer.
• Decrease the brightness level of your computer’s/mobile phone’s screen .Don't decrease it so much that you have trouble seeing.
• Minimize watching television.
• Use UV protection sun glasses when out in the sun.
• You can also use artificial tear eye drops (E.g. Refresh) every 2- 3 hours to keep the eyes moist.
• Make sure you get at least 7 hours of sleep every night.