Here are some tips to prevent a migraine attack:
1. Identify and avoid migraine triggers. (Common triggers :cheese, alcohol, food additives )
2. Keep track of your headache patterns and identify headache triggers by using a headache diary.
3. Recall what was eaten prior to an attack to help you identify chemical triggers.
4. Manage stress to prevent or reduce the severity of the migraine attacks.
5. Follow a regular daily routine and get adequate rest.
6. Exercise (in moderation) regularly.
7. Women who often get migraines around their menstrual period can take preventive therapy when they know their period is coming.
Here are some relaxation techniques to promote relaxation:
• Rhythmic breathing
• Deep breathing
• Visualized breathing
• Progressive muscle relaxation
• Relaxing to music
• Mental imagery relaxation
• Positive therapy/ thoughts
• Let go of things you cannot control
• Tell yourself that you are healthy, vital, and strong. There is nothing in the world I cannot handle. All my needs are met. I am completely and utterly safe. Every day in every way I am getting stronger.